Perceptionschallenged.co.uk is a concept that specialising in
- Youth & Community Support & Development
- Training Provision
- Small Business Development
Perceptions Challenged Ltd was conceived by Owen Johnson-Smith, an independent community based youth worker who has worked for the London Borough of Croydon, plus has experience as a voluntary youth and community worker, working with young people, their families and communities, in and around the London and particularly, the London Borough of Lewisham.
Perceptions Challenged Ltd takes the approach that some sensitive issues can be worked through with young people in a fun, enjoyable, and inclusive environment that will lead to
- Building confidence and self-esteem within young people
- Increasing social inclusion
- Reducing anti-social behaviour
We have a proven track record in successfully delivering workshops and other programmes, with a huge range of objectives (from Key Skills to bullying, Crime Diversionary Activities & so on), and to participants of all ages and abilities.
Our methods of delivery include providing mentoring, workshops, events and activities
- To young people, aged between 12-17 and 18-24, in schools, colleges, youth clubs & universities etc. and
- To the wider community such as church congregations, residents association
- To members of the small business community etc.
We also stage events that range from residential training weekends, careers days to workshops etc. Please see below for our upcoming events.
Our workshops are presented in conjunction with either serving or long service members of
- The British Army
- The Metropolitan Police
- The NHS
- The Royal Navy
- The RAF
Collectively we are a team of experienced professionals from a variety of disciplines, who are experts in our own respective fields, and each member of our team has been DBS checked and cleared.
Karleen Andall LLB